|University Motto||Be someone. Go somewhere. Seek excellence.|
|Year of establishment||2007|
|Address||5055 Santa Teresa Blvd., GECA-1 Gilroy, CA 95020|
Dr. T.J. Owens Gilroy Early College Academy
Dr. TJ Owens Gilroy Early College Academy, also known as GECA, is a prestigious early college high school located in unincorporated Santa Clara County, California, near Gilroy, at the southern edge of Silicon Valley, in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a California Distinguished School, GECA regularly ranks among top high schools in the state of California and it consistently ranks within the top 1% of the best high schools in the U.S.
According to the high school's website, iA Dr. TJ Owens Early College Academy graduate will:
- Become a confident leader
- Develop a sense of personal identity and accept the personal identities of others
- Utilize effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Listen to and validate the opinions and ideas of others
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction
- Believe in and model the qualities of strong character in both an academic and personal community
- Foster a diverse community that welcomes new members
- Become a representative of GECA and establish connections to the greater community and globally
- Acquire the abilities, skills and knowledge required for the lifelong pursuit of ongoing academic, occupational and personal growth
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Develop collegiate-level skills through rigorous curriculum
- Develop technology literacy for a 21st century education
The Dr. T.J. Owens Gilroy Early College Academy is a Public university located in Gilroy.
The Dr. T.J. Owens Gilroy Early College Academy was founded in 2007.
The current president of Dr. T.J. Owens Gilroy Early College Academy is Sonia Flores.