Top 10 STEM High Schools in California
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Find out about the best STEM high schools in California!
STEM high schools in California typically help students develop the following key skills:
- problem solving
- critical analysis
- independent thinking
- digital literacy
Why else are California STEM high schools a great option?
What are some other benefits of a STEM education offered at a California STEM school?
- Encourages ingenuity and creativity – STEM educations teach ingenuity and creativity that can help lead students to come up with new ideas and innovations
- Builds resilience – STEM students are taught in a safe environment that encourages them to experiment and try new solutions and teaches them that failure is an essential part of learning.
- Encourages experimentation – STEM schools encourage students to take risks in order to make advancements when it comes to problem solving
- Encourages teamwork – Teamwork is taught as a principle of problem solving. Students will understand how to collaborate with others in order to achieve a common goal
- Encourages knowledge application – Students are taught skills in the classroom that they will be able to apply to the real world. High school students will then know how to apply this knowledge to new and novel tasks later on in life
- Teaches problem-solving – STEM teaches students how to use critical thinking skills in order to solve problems.
- Encourages adaptation – STEM high school students learn how to adapt to various kinds of scenarios, even the kind that you cannot always plan for or expect